2001: A Space Odyssey was a very intriguing and interesting movie even though it had some slow parts, I really enjoyed it. The shots were mesmerizing and like nothing I've seen before. I love the shot where Dave is running through the ship and the camera is following behind him. In this part it makes it seem as though he is running in a circle even upside down and the ship goes on infinitely. Another interesting part was where a woman was walking upside down to get to another hallway.
After watching it I honestly had no idea what happened through any of the movie and had to look up the meaning behind it. Thee are many different meanings with each part of the movie and everyone had their own interpretation of it. During the Jupiter mission Hal the computer views the men as "matiness machines" and they are at the end of their evolution. Even for part of the film they show what the ship looks like through Hals POV. I think this part could mean that machines are taking over the world and humans don't really matter any more. Basically, I think they are saying that all humans do is work for machines. Then, the computer Hal makes a mistake showing that there is still a need for humans and we are more than just machine operations.
No comments:
Post a Comment