
Even though this is a very iconic film this was probably my last favorite film we have watched. If I paid more attention to it or maybe if I was older I would be able to understand it a little better. The reason it was not my favorite film was most of it was just middle aged men in suits talking to each other. I usually watch everything with subtitles so I can read what the characters are saying if I miss something an since we didn't watch it with subtitles it was very easy for me to loose interest and not pay attention to dialogue. There is great contrast in this film that gives it a "balance of grays, blacks, and whites" which is important in a film with no color (Bordwell and Thompson 161). Casablanca was not only a very iconic film itself but it inspired another iconic film, Star Wars. One similarity between the two films is Ricks CafĂ© in Casablanca becomes the Cantina in Star wars. Another inspiration from Casablanca is Humphrey Bogart’s character is an "important model for Harrison Ford’s performance" (Robey 6). Even though I didn't love this film I will definitely go back and watch it gain and pay attention to the dialogue more in the future.

No comments:
Post a Comment